Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Little Agression Can Be Good

Yesterday I ran out of projects. Oh well a writer is supposed to feel rejected. Trouble is I love the writing. Being paid for it satisfies me. I did write my comment article on Barack Obama's election. There I was wringing my hands and thinking "woe is me."

I decided to send out an email offering my writing to all my current clients. Instead of thinking I am so memorable that they should all be offering me projects I accept the truth that there are many talented writers (of which I count myself one) and many write cheaper than I do. Well the response was excellent.

Today I'm doing a sales campaign. Tomorrow I have a 5 article project about pets, I did one previously from the same buyer and loved it. Then I just got an email this morning saying someone had "a pile of work for me."

He is sending it right now after making sure I was still interested. I feel really refuvenated as a writer. Opportunity does not come a knocking because there are too many writers willing to write for low pay. Even without many chances to make ten cents a word, in fact few to make .03 cents a word, I'm content. There are many other good writers in the same situation as me.

Besides, I need to start shopping for Christmas and hope to cover all gifts with my writing money.:)

No comments: