Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mission Statement

Being a humble copywriter requires many things of me. When I'm inspired to write a pay per click article in response to inspiration and it's good, that rocks.

My recent foray into the realm of the buyer was hilarious. I thought if I can't underbid them - hire them. In the role of buyer humble isn't a good trait to have. After sorting through 85 bids, and reading endless samples I connected with three great writers. But lacking the time management skills of a total genius or the ability to give up sleeping, I exit stage left to return to what I'm passionate about. Once again, I write.

No more editing other people's writing or spending hours setting up a project for someone who has lied outright about what he expects for an infinitesimal amount of pay. (You don't get Franz Kafka or John Grisham for the same amount you get George Smith for). George who ????

Exactly!

3 comments:

Illusnist - Roger Golden said...

Well said. :-)

I tried to hire a writer, and found one who "seemed" to be a good choice, but then the actual project results came in, and the quality was no longer there. No problem.. I had expected to do some editing. And then the writer wanted more work, so I offered a group of easier articles..and haven't heard back from her in 4 weeks.

The general idea, I think, is that writers are not editors, and vice versa. If you're in the business because you enjoy writing, don't try to be an editor, because it's going to drive you crazy.

PEROWLIFICK2 said...

TY for the compliment. I'm finding that out. One of my highest paying clients calls on me but sporadically. Another regularly. I have one who hasn't paid up and one who wants to dump me cause I won't grind out 100 entries per day. Silly perhaps but I'm not going to do fast and sloppy even though the pay is one step up from pathetic. I have one writer doing a dynamite job on entering it all on xls sheet to speed things up.

You have the honor of posting a comment first.lol

Jess Poirier said...

Hi Jeana,
Glad to see you blogging! I hope you're enjoying it and that you're work is going well!

All the best,
~Jess