Monday, September 22, 2008

September Saga

A landlord has three weeks after the end of the lease in which to return a security deposit (in my home state). In order to accommodate the mother of the previously mentioned student I had to evict, I returned her full deposit this morning. She had requested that due to her own budget. It cost her a fee to receive the money. It will cost me interest since I paid via PayPal with my Visa. card. Considering the stress her daughter caused - the mom should have been happy to receive it immediately. She knew I'd be using PayPal since I asked for her PP address. Instead she sent an email saying she would rather have waited for a check since she lost all that money. It was under $12.

She went on to vilify the new landlord because he would not give her ten free days before charging rent for October. The woman had the option of her daughter waiting to move till October 1st. Finally - she concluded the email by callling the new landlord a towel head. It was as if she knew how much prejudice offends me although I'm a lilly-white skinned Caucasion).

Borrowing a concept from the murder trial of the Menendez brothers, she's the type of individual who would kill her parents and then bitch about the fact that she was an orphan.

No comments: