Monday, September 29, 2008

Currently

Working as a humble copywriter I have not only been left unpaid, but had my integrity questioned by the suggestion I sent someone else's writing in place of my own. After being advised to read a specific website for information to include in articles for this particular buyer, I used said information and was rudely told that there is no such thing as a vpn. There is - and it is referred to on the website I was told to gather information from.

I originally agreed to write for peanuts in return for learning more about this specific topic along the way. It was clearly understood that my first works would require editing. Editing - not ridiculing. I may have used the reference to vpn awkwardly - but am in no way dishonest - AND - I will not be treated as such.

I agreed to write on the specific topic for a low rate since it was understood I was in a learning phase and would be edited. Once again I am left unpaid - a trifling amount - but it's MY trifling amount. I have published the articles here on my blog. No malice is intended - only the protection of my rights in making sure they wouldn't pass copyscape.

Unless and until I receive a somewhat groveling apology for having my integrity maligned - and $8.00 - they'll remain published. I in no way claim the articles in contention were my usual high quality work but it was understood before I wrote them that I was in learning phase on the topic.

$8.00 AND groveling apology required for instant removal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see if you can handle the heat, then.

You were told, from the outset, that since *I* am the accepted writer for those posts, your work would HAVE TO BE approved. It was not. The work was delivered over a weekend AFTER you said that you would not be in touch until the FOLLOWING MONDAY. As soon as I saw that you were continuing with work that could not be sold to the client you were told to desist from writing the articles. Why were you told to stop writing the articles? BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT SALABLE. So now you want me to pay you for work that cannot be sold? Not work that that you produced that had value, but work for which no compensation could be gotten? Maybe you are in the wrong field. You've demonstrated a lack of wthics by producing and submitting unsalable work during a period you KNEW the work could not be refused on arrival, and now insist that you want to be paid in exchange for removing a WORD from your blog? I couldn't care less if you want to post the blog, but YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE MY CLIENT'S COMPANY NAME IN YOUR POSTS, AND THAT SHOULD BE REMOVED. Leave the posts up as an example for future clients of your own, but remove the company name. THAT WAS WHAT I REQUESTED, NOT THE REMOVAL OF YOUR SUB-STANDARD post.

I paid you from my own pocket for the first articles, which were likewise not salable as they were. But then you tried to sneak in even more work of an even lower quality, and have the gall to demand a grovelling apology AND payment????? You're are out of your mind. Now, as requested, would you please remove my client's company from your post? Your support for his services are neither required nor wanted. You will not get money for the post, you will not get an apology for telling you the truth. You will get nothing, except criticized for unethical and unscrupulous behavior. Repeatedly. It might bear consideration on your part to remove the offending word from the post, not the post itself, because you are welcome to publish the post anywhere you can find an audience for it, just not with a client's company name.

Grovelling apology? And is that extortion you are offering? Demanding I pay you money for removal of a post that most people would be embarrassed to make public? I think not.

And while we are on the subject of unethical behavior, let us discuss that you were contacted not for the articles you were not paid for, but to write SIMPLE blog posts, which you consider yourself above writing. Subsequently, in trying to distance yourself from the job that was offered, you tried various methods of falsehood to increase the amount offered for the job.

Now, do you have the integrity to allow the rest of the story to be published? Considered the business ethics you've displayed so far, I doubt it.

PEROWLIFICK2 said...

I regret the extreme stress caused you by this unpleasant situation. If it makes you feel good to be unkind to someone without reason, you have been successful at that. Publish whatever makes you happy. I am sincere in assuring you that I won't disclose anything you told me about the company in question. I never intended to be unkind to you. Good luck in future endeavors.